Basic Life Support
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of how to provide basic life support (BLS) in a manner that's consistent with the Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) guidelines.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- the steps involved in conducting effective basic life support
- the purpose of conducting cardiopulmonary resuscitation, otherwise referred to as CPR
- how to assess a situation, identify dangers and call for help
- how to assess a patient's airway and manage airway obstructions
- how to perform rescue breathing and chest compressions, and
- procedures for and risks associated with the use of an automated external defibrillator, or AED.
The course features:
- Adaptics - Kineo's 'smart technology'
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- multi-device compatible
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
This course is designed for nurses and other health care workers employed in acute, community and aged care settings.
$38.50 (AUD) per subscription